Ayurveda and enviroment

Ayurveda and enviroment

Postby pepe leon » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:05 am

Hi Dr. Hari:

Wath do you think about this topic, since I'm studing Ayurveda, and doing some architecture, I realize that also in there there most be a equilibrium, and the materials has to be in harmony with the enviroment.

So if the building is situated in a warm place the materials, colors and energy most be slightly cooler. I also relized that every foundation is like putting acupunture to mother earth, so another reason to be carefull about it.

I just want to share this with you, and ask you if's you know the name of the book that Patanjali wrote about architecture.

Thank's
pepe leon

Re: Ayurveda and enviroment

Postby hari » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:33 am

Hi,
Yes!, the structure, architecture, color, elevation, landscape etc. are done according to the wind, sun, rain, snow or such climate factors to protect us from seasonal changes that cause Dosha imbalances. Also it helps to maintain the good energy for harmony of our bod, mind intellect and spirit. The health will not be complete unless the harmony of energy of house, articles used inside, room size, position, colors, etc are used around us. The traditional Vastu Sastra is the science that focus on this. There are lots of works in Sanskrit & Malayalam. I am sure there should be translations available for the same. I shall check & let you know soon.

Thanks,
hari

Return to General